A new poll by Ipsos released on 4/20 shows that support for cannabis legalization has steadily grown in recent decades.
Poll Results Show:
- 66% of U.S. adults believe the federal government should legalize recreational or medical cannabis
- 21% believe states should be able to decide on legalization without federal interference
- 11% believe marijuana should remain strictly federally illegal across the board
This is mirrored in other recent polls that further support these findings.
- Quinnipiac, who has been polling this issue since 2012, released findings earlier this month that 69% of Americans favor ending prohibition – an all-time high.
- Pew Research Center released a poll this month stating 91% of American adults support legalizing marijuana for medical or adult use.
- A CBS News poll showed 55% of Americans nationwide want recreational marijuana use to be legal in their state.
Read more here, including other results from the Ipsos poll.